Strawberry Buttermilk Biscuits
2 1⁄2 cFlour
2 tBaking powder
1 1⁄2 tsalt
1⁄2 cButter (Unsalted and softened)
1 tVanilla Extract
1 1⁄2 cstrawberries (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400° and butter a muffin pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg; liberally sprinkle muffin tins with sugar mixture. Save remaining mixture for topping muffins.
- Sift 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add butter to flour mixture.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture stirring just until combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Toss 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour and gently fold into batter. Fill muffin tins to the top and sprinkle with a generous amount of remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes and rotate pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer and or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed in the center and/or a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Jumbo muffins will take approximately 5 minutes longer.