Strawberry and Cream Bars
1Box Vanilla Cake Mix
1⁄3 cButter (softened)
3 cstrawberries (slices)
8 ozCream Cheese (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9x13 pan with spray or use butter
- In large bowl combine butter, one egg and cake mix. This mixture will be stiff so you may have to use your hands to combine the dough.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture for the topping and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes
- While the crust is baking, beat the following in a mixing bowl: cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining egg until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the partially baked crust.
- Evenly arrange the sliced strawberries over the cream cheese.
- Now use the 1 cup of the mixture you set aside adding in 1/2 cup of oatmeal and sprinkle it on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the center is set and the crumbs on top turn golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.